12 August 2008

Swaps

I am loving the swaps I've been in on Ravelry.

This is what I sent to my partner in the "Dyed Sock Blank Swap". I dyed my sock blank yellow with purple stripes (using Kool Aid). I called the end result "Grape Limoncello" hence the lemon themed items I included with the blank. Unfortunately my partner is having "computer problems" or something, so I haven't heard a peep from her. It's a bummer because a lot of the fun that comes from the swaps is hearing what the recipient thinks about your package.

This is the package I received in the swap. I love the shade of blue and all the colorful dabs of color she added to it. I'm about half done with my first pair of "2 At a Time Socks" and I'm loving the resulting socks.

Here is the package I received from my "Swap on a Budget" partner - a really thoughtful person from the East coast. It was cool that she has a lot of the same thoughts about the environment and being "green". She did a fantastic job picking out yarn with complimentary buttons and lots of great extra goodies too - even an organic dark chocolate bar :-) She even knit me a needle and scissors cozy too!
This one I just got two days ago - from my "Starbucks and Yarn Swap" partner who lives in Korea. She and I got along great and I feel really lucky to have a new friend in knitting half way around the world. Her box included a very neat Starbucks cup with Korean characters on it, a giftcard to Sbux, tons of cotton yarn (I'm thinking market bags!) a measuring tape, really neat little sewing scissors and my favorite:

The Quinn bag (pattern on Ravelry). Isn't it amazing?? I absolutely love it!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh Noelle...I think I'm going to have to start joining up on some swaps. Especially now that I have a job!

That's right, a J-O-B. And it's pretty much what I wanted. I'll be writing a ridiculously long post at some point.

Noelle said...

Yay, D! Glad to hear that and looking forward to hearing more. I think you definitely need to check into Hat Attack! on Rav. It's a swap on steroids and I think you'd like it :-)

Deanna said...

I checked out Hat Attack, and it looks terrifying! In the best way possible, of course.

Noelle said...

D - you HAVE to do Hat Attack!! I even found a good deal on alternate yarn (merino) on WEBS for $3.49/skein + $2 shipping