14 April 2008

A Mean Go-Getter (and possibly NSFW)

As so many of you already know, I'm a hoor for Stefanie Japel's patterns, and I have her weblog linked on the sidebar. She frequently has excellent ideas, and here's yet another one: Knit all of your gauge swatches as 9x9" squares, and donate them for charity blankets.

I love it.

No other personal knitting news to report (I've been exhausted lately and all of my current projects are too difficult for that state of mind), aside from the fact that I knit a, um, "crotch cozy" for one of my friends as a gag gift. I used Lorna's Laces worsted weight, in a linen stitch...so he's the only person on earth with the potential to possess a spiral striped penis.

Yeah, I'm sick.

Also, RIP MagKnits. We hardly knew ye.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

Short post but full of interesting tid bits! Crotch cozy?? Are you gonna post a pix?

What happened to MagKnits? I'm so out of the loop, knitting and otherwise it seems...