09 June 2008

A Penny Saved Is a Sweater...Earned?

I restarted Bad Penny (as seen in my previous post), with new numbers to make the damn thing fit.

In a fog of bad judgment, I left the project at the home of a friend for whom I've been house/cat sitting for the last two weeks while she carouses in the UK. This morning when I arrived to feed her cat, I saw my knitting bag on the floor and it appeared unmolested by the kitty. I shoved it in my purse and went on my merry way.

Prior to heading out of the office for lunch, I started rustling through my bag and noticed a very weird smell. I pulled out my knitting bag and was smacked in the nose with that sickeningly sweet pheromone stench.

No, the cat didn't paw at and deconstruct my knitting.

She just pissed all over it.

I'm starting to think that I'll never be able to finish this sweater.

3 comments:

Noelle said...

Aw, man! "Bad Penny! Bad girl!!!" D, I think this sweater is just not meant to be :-(

Deanna said...

It's soaking right now in some gentle lavender soap. Penny will be fine, once the smell is out.

My roommate's cats were freaking out when I brought the urine-stained bag in the house last night. I think one of them even peed in front of my bedroom door. Charming, for sure.

Pascale A. (orcidgrl) said...

you need to use vinegar to get rid of cat pee smell...use 1 part vinegar to 5 parts water and soak a bit...then rinse and repeat as necessary. Cat pee is like amonia...vinegar will neutralize it.